Thursday, August 9, 2012

Third World Rising (Vol. 1, No. 1)

Back in 1991, I was one of 10 representatives of the National Capital Region in the editorial cartooning competition of that year's National Secondary Schools Press Conference held in Tacloban, Leyte. After more than two decades, here's my first and struggling attempt to resuscitate whatever's left of the cartoonist in me -- by starting a comic strip series of quick sketches and thoughts on whatever takes my fancy from the country where Manny Pacquiao threatens to run for president: ours.  (And yes, this series is entitled "Third World Rising," on a positive note...really.)

Here's my take on the "peculiar way" our president consistently begins his SONAs:


And because the image's rather small (I'll find a way to fix this), the ff. is the fictional dialogue:

PNoy: Eh yung dating pangulo nga...pinapatay yung tagapagtatag ng KKK!
Aide (whispering): Boss, huwag mo na sumbatan si ex-Pres. Aguinaldo, si GMA na lang...
PNoy (whispers back): Pampahaba lang sana ng intro...
Aide: Sige na nga...



No comments:

Post a Comment