Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Collections

Then . . .


I counted my books of poetry
and comedians' biographies,
and was surprised to find the latter
far outnumbered the former.

So I tried to even things out,
and more of the former bought,
until somehow they numbered
the same as the other.

Now .  .  .

 

I've lost count of how many
books I have of poetry.
Likewise of how many
I have of comics' biographies.

But now I don't really care
if each set equals the other.
Still I can't help but wonder:
Which is sadder?


Dedicated to the late Robin Williams (comedian, actor, wrestler, among others), and the others... 


Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

(Photo attribution: "Robin Williams 2011a (2)" by Eva Rinaldi - →This file has been extracted from another file: Robin Williams 2011a.jpg.Flickr: Robin Williams. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Robin_Williams_2011a_(2).jpg#/media/File:Robin_Williams_2011a_(2).jpg.)

No comments:

Post a Comment