Sunday, July 17, 2022

My Takedown Highlights - Wrestling/Luta Livre



(Tbh, with this post, I just wanna figure out how Google AdSense works coz I received an email that my blog "is ready to show AdSense ads and start earning." The text below, except for my age, is taken verbatim from the description of my 2021 YouTube video above.)

At 47 years old and most probably arthritic, I believe it's about time to share a highlights video of my wrestling takedowns. I have been competing in freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling since 1998 and in submission grappling since 2004 (and unfortunately lost some videos due to stolen cellphones, PCs that conked out and lost my files, etc.). Along the way, I have won gold medals in national and international competitions, and the most significant has to be in the 2016 ADCC South East Asia - Philippine International Open - intermediate division (https://adcombat.com/adcc-events/adcc...) and in the Greco-Roman event of the 2011 Philippine National Games ( https://mertos.blogspot.com/2011/06/?...). Sadly, after diligent efforts, these are the only clips of my takedowns that I can find now - and three of them are "only" from friendly sparring sessions. Still, as my first coach always told me, "The way you train is the way you fight!" (Yours truly is currently a purple belt in Brazilian Luta Livre under Mestre Afonso Cego, a black belt from Academia Budokan - Rio de Janeiro led by Mestre Joao Ricardo.) Video by Milo Sevilla (2021) Music: "Fight to WIn" by Sven Karlssonhttps://www.epidemicsound.com/track/N ...)

#LutaLivre #wrestling #catchwrestling #submissiongrappling #grappling #combatwrestling 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment